I love her thick honey colored hair and how she seems to exude confidence.
I love her kind eyes and how her hair swooshes over her perfect brow.
I love her natural look and beautiful smile.
Actually she is no model at all.
She is my good friend, Lara.
You know, the one I talk about all the time from the Lazy Organizer.
Today's her birthday!!!
Happy Birthday, Lara
For her Birthday her loving friends are sharing how she has inspired change in our lives.
She truly is an amazing mom.
Here are the top 10 things I do thanks to The Lovely Lara
1. I have weird things like alfalfa and wheat sprouting in my kitchen. Plus thanks to her I plan on sprouting lentils and sunflower seeds (by the way, thanks for lunch!)
2. After leaving her house and seeing her grain storage bins I went to Wal-Mart that very week end and bought my own, just like them. My grains now live happily in them and not the silly plastic bags they came in, all crammed in my cupboard.
3. I must soak all my grain over night before I can eat them.
4. She helped me understand sourdough and gave me the recipe for the yummiest sour dough bagels and muffins ever.
5. Notice how all these revolve around food? I really like to eat.
6. Just today she showed me her spice drawer and now I am plotting to evict a whole drawer full of stuff just to give my spices a new home, just like Lara's.
7. I found out from her it's OK to give my children more responsibility and now Doodle buckles Dubs in the car every time we get in, plus all my kids wash their own hair. I know, sounds silly, but those two things really save me time and frustration.
8. We all have her blog to thank for mine. I clicked on the link to her blog from an email she sent me way back when we first met. I was instantly hooked on her blog and dreamed for a long time of starting my own. Many moons later here I am with one of my very own. Yup, you all have Lara to thank for this wonderful blog that I just know you could not live without.
9. She shows me that it's OK when I'm not perfect because she is not either, and she is brutally honest about it. She can laugh at her mistakes and move forward. I need to be more like that.
10. Often the stories on her blog make me laugh so hard I cry, mostly because she is so real. When I read what she writes I can almost here her talking, she is that true to life.
Happy Birthday Lara, We all hope it's a good one.
And that your children don't bug you all day and that they will make all your meals and clean the whole house and take care of Sweetness so you can sit and read or sew or what ever you want all day long!