Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Mardi Gras

photo by Newlyweds!
I almost forgot today is Mardi Gras!
How could I forget?
Doesn't this king cake look absolutely to die for? I have never tired it, but I think tonight just might be the night.
I love the Mardi Gras beads, heaven knows we have plenty of those hanging around our house.

Photo by realbakingwithrose

And french onion soup is my favorite.
Do you think I'd have mutiny in my kitchen if I tried making this tasty dish for a bunch of kids who hate onions?
You know what? I am going to try it in the name of Mardi Gras. If they don't like it, they can celebrate skinny Tuesday instead!
Now go check out those recipes and start cooking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe shout out. I really hope you try this recipe I promise you won't be dissapointed its really good for any time of year!