Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Top 10 of a Dreamer

2012 was a great year.
Full of ups and downs, highs and lows, joy and heartache.
I don't want to forget a thing, but I know I will, it's inevitable.
So in the spirit of remembering and keeping these things close to my heart, here are my top 10 memories from a life that is oh, so blessed.

  • Soft sandy beaches in Florida with my baby girl and the best niece on the planet.
  • Seeing my Doodle sicker than I've ever seen anyone. Overnight vigils, hospitals, wheelchairs, loads of fluids. And a full recovery!
  • Celebrating our sweet baby's first birthday. Full of smooshed cake and sweet snuggles and lots of laughter and joy.
  • More sandy beaches in San Diego with the whole clan. Not to mention Sea World and Knox Berry Farm and the U.S.S. Midway. Fun, fun times and not wanting to ever come home (Guess what? I totally forgot to blog about San Diego! whoops, I'm a total slacker!)
  • A hundred hikes and horse rides in my mountains, basking in the sunlight with amazing friends and family.
  •  Sending the oldest 2 to charter school, then taking them out 6 weeks later. Realizing we are home scholars through and through and that there's not a thing wrong with that.
  • One minor house fire in which they saved the baby, even though I was not home.
  • A stage 4 cancer diagnosis to one of my most favorite brothers-in-law ever. 
  • A magical Christmas season having Mr Bird home tons for the holidays and enjoying new Christmas memories with my children.
  • A thousand and one precious moments spent holding my children and watching in awe and wonder as they grow right before my eyes. Wow, what a ride!

1 comment:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

What an eventful year! I think I would have the same thing happen to me if we tried public/charter/private school... I just know I'd miss the kids too much, as much as I complain about their messes, ha!