Thursday, May 10, 2012

Baby Birthday

If you haven't noticed, it's been a while since I blogged.
 So long, in fact, that blogger has changed the layout of the post builder site thingy (Ya, we all know I'm real techy minded). Let's see if I can figure this out again. 
There was so much fun stuff going on there for a while that I got behind and I just didn't know where to start up again. 
So, I thought I'd do what any slacking blogger would do and start with a party!
My baby girl turned 1 mid March.
I didn't know if I should have a party or go into mourning.
But the kids wanted cake so I opted for the party.
I will not go on and on about how she is probably my last baby and now I don't have any babies left and how much that absolutely kills my mother heart.
I will say this however.
I think those people who never stop having babies until their oldest children start having babies may be on to something. 
That way, you practically never run out of babies!
Genius!
And why am I so addicted to babies?
I was never one of those teenagers that just oodled and fell all over myself at the sight of an infant.
I really was very indifferent to them.
But now...
See, this is the other reason I never blog, I think I have ADD, I simply cannot stay on topic.
Ahem, on to  little M&M's happy day!


This little one is so much like her mother, it's frightening.
She absolutely DEVOURED her very first chocolate cake.
It was sweetened with date puree just for my sweet baby girl.
I know, it sounds really weird, but...
OK, it is weird, but we all loved it.
When you're not eating sugar, even date cake hits the spot!







M&M thought the post cake bath in the kitchen sink was just as fun as the cake. As we learned in Florida, she is a water baby, through and through.



Snuggles after a nice warm bath are a must. And this little one happens to give the best snuggles on the planet.


Then it was onto the presents. All the kids (even the 10 year old) had fun playing on the floor with the baby toys for the longest time.
Doodle sewed M&M a rice sack because M&M steals hers at bed time every night.
What sweet sisters they are already.

We have all just fallen so in love with this sweet baby. One year olds are the best things on earth.
She started walking shortly after her birthday and we just can't get enough of her wobbly legs and zombie arms.
She loves her brothers and sister so much, she is never happier than when she's right in the middle of them playing and laughing and snuggling them.
Her laughter is absolutley intoxicating.
Dubs can get her laughing like no one else.
And whenever he does, I can not help but watch and smile and laugh right along with her.
Here's to many, many more birthdays to my baby girl who will always be my baby!

No comments: