Wednesday, May 16, 2012

All in a Row





March is the birthday month around here.
We had a birthday every weekend for 3 weeks.
We got so of fond of having cake after church that we considered keeping it going through Easter.
Yes, that's right, 3 of our children have birthdays in March.
Care to guess what 9 months before March is?
Yup, it's our anniversary.
But I swear it's all a huge coincidence.
I think...
*wink*

I will say this though, I got really goot at making colorful frosting without food coloring.
I used cocoa powder for brown (mmm, chocolate!), turmeric (just a pinch) for yellow, fresh beet juice for pink and liquid chlorophyll for green. I mixed the pink and yellow to make orange.
The frosting was really runny though, especially the pink, but it tasted good. 


 

















Dubs had his 7th birthday and is getting too big. He is getting really good at reading and loves is baby bean so much. He is so kind hearted and will do anything for his brothers and sisters. I am so glad he is my boy. When he was M&M's size he was so cuddly. Now, he still loves mommy hugs, but is off like a flash to play squirt guns or chase the chickens. I love watching him play in the pasture form the kitchen window as I prepare dinner, it does my heart good.



























Doodle turned 10! We are in double digits. How is it that I have been a mother for a whole decade? This girl is just that, all GIRL! Everything from liking clothes to her love affair with horses. Good thing she has an amazing aunt who loves to take her on rides! She loves the chickens as well and even wanted new baby chicks for her birthday. So now, along with the 9 hens who are laying, we have 6 baby chicks (who don't look like babies anymore) who will start laying later this Summer. Eggs anyone?


I just love being their mother. All of them. I love birthdays because we all come downstairs to my computer and gather around as we look at their baby pictures and the photos of birthdays past.
It's so fun to see how they have grown and changed from year to year.
I am so proud of my kids and the smart, funny, caring people they are becoming.
Happy birthday, you two!
I'm so glad I got you!



1 comment:

Virginia said...

I LOVE reading your blog. Thanks for sharing the birthday fun at your house!