Saturday, September 27, 2008


My Beano is 5, it's official. He blew out all five of those candles and now he is magically 5 instead of 4. How does that happen? When he wakes up in the morning he looks exactly the same as he did when I put him to bed the night before. When did he grow so big? I've been watching and I still missed it. He has grown 3 1/4 inches since his last birthday.
When did that happen?
I swear I was here the whole time and I didn't see anything unusual happening to my boy.
I did not feed him any grow pup.
I keep telling him to stop growing so big but he just will not listen to me!
5 Year olds can be so stubborn, I wonder where he gets that, certainly not from me!


Beano invited a few cousins and friends over for his party. Have you ever watched a group of 5 year old boys together? It is quite funny and charming anda little disturbing. You'd be surprised with what gusto they get to swinging a bat at a car stuffed with candy. I made all the ones who were not up to bat stand behind a line so we would not have any head injuries. I'm sure the other parents were pleased I was so thoughtful. You're welcome!


I had other fun games and activities planned for the party, but mostly they wanted to run around in a big pack yelling as loud as they could while one of them had an imaginary gun.



Then they found the crab apple tree. They insisted on eating those sour little things. Until they got bored with that and all the crab apples became hand grenades. Who taught them about hand grenades anyway, certainly not me.
Cute or disturbing, you decide!

1 comment:

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

Happy Birthday, Bean! Crap apples--yuck! I guess not as much when you're 5? I love the post below too with the quotes on children. So cute!