Friday, January 1, 2010

Our Year in Photos-Part 2



July: Summer, joyous Summer! We celebrated a fun filled fourth and more water fun than a hippo in a waterfall.



August: This was the month I was cameraless. I'm sure we did lots of fun and awesome stuff, but there is no photo evidence, hence those totally cool things will forever be forgotten as part of our family's history~ Sad~ We did enjoy lots of grilled food, including my favorite terriyaki chicken (we just made this recipe last night) and veggies on the grill. Mmmm, my taste buds miss summer, along with the rest of me.




September: Wherein a visit to sunny California and the grandmas sent us back to Utah a few days early with Swine Flu. I am still so glad we did not die. We sure felt like it for a whole month. Doodle and I also started taking violin lessons. We love our teacher, Jenilyn!



October: Summer starts to wain. An early fall storm blows part of my beloved willow tree onto the horse trailer. Halloween finds us doing fun experiments with our candy loot rather than eating it all.



November: We get one more good horse riding day before snow covers the ground for the next several months. Sunshine, we will miss you and remember your warmth on our skin.



December: Winter. Snow. Cold. Along with celebrating the Holidays, we built an indoor snowman for my baby-who's-not-a-baby-any-more's birthday and helped Mr Bird's dad celebrate his wedding day. What a month filled with love.


Dear 2009,
You have been very good to us and we will miss you. We look forward with hope to another year filled with laughter and love and joy. You have shown us the healing and growing that only time can bring. We are grateful for your memories and for the childhood that happened in your loving care. It pains my heart a little to know that you are gone for good. Your moments have faded to a pile of photos and memories which we will forever hold near our hearts. We snuggled little ones, who will never be quite so little any more, in your fleeting time. That has truly been a gift and so from the bottom of our hearts we thank you.
Love, Us

1 comment:

Lara said...

It looks like you had a great year!

I don't think it's right that I only get to eat your cooking once a month. I think we should live closer so we can do a dinner co-op. Wouldn't that be fun!