Sunday, November 21, 2010

True Confessions of a Stay At Home Mom

  • When the boys are driving me nuts and I don't have anything else for them to do I put them in the tub, just to get them out of my hair (plus they can always use a bath!)
  • I have a secret chocolate stash that the kids have no idea even exists
  • Plus every time I go grocery shopping with out any kids I buy a candy bar or some other treat and eat it all on the drive home, then I hide the evidence
  • My favorite lunch is cranberry pecan salad with feta cheese (even though I'm not supposed to eat soft cheese while I'm prego)
  • Sometimes my kids make me laugh so hard I pee a little in my pants (darn pregnancy bladder)
  • I wait until I have a huge mountain of laundry before they get folded and put away
  • When Mr Bird gets home from work I am more than happy to let the kids torment him the rest of the evening
  • What would I do without Mr Bird
  • Sometimes I take my kids to the library for chess club just so I can see that other people really exist
  • I secretly like it when I see other people's children being naughty in public
  • Mine are never naughty in public, only at home (hahahahaahahaha, I kill myself)
  • Park days save my sanity (it's going to be a very, very long winter)
  • Every time I get pregnant inside I am so excited that I don't have to watch my weight (at least for a few months)
  • My desk is the messiest place in the whole house
  • I need to stop telling all my deep dark secrets
  • Truth is, I love being a mom, wholes in the couch and all!

No comments: