Mr bird took me to the theater and out to dinner last night.
We got all dolled up and had a fantastic time.
We saw Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol.
We went with our fabulous book group friends and some great family.
Here are a few highlights:
- Seeing dad very happy and in love
- Taking up 30+ chairs in the theater
- Seeing the little girls in their fanciest dresses
- Having a teenager come up to us and ask if we were in the play
- Feeling like a princess with my handsome prince (what can I say, I'm still a dreamer!)
- "God bless us everyone!"
- The 5 year old next to me climbing on her mommy's lap because the ghost of Marley was a little too real with the strobe lights and smoke machines
- Yes and No
- Mr Bird admitting that he loves to be the center of attention (we all knew that one!)
- 10 degrees outside and wearing heals on the icy pavement
- Trying not to spill food on the fancy dress
- Trying not to eat too much so I would not get bloated and have the bodice pinch me in half
- Going to Chuck-A-Rama in a ball gown
- Yes, I said Chuck-A-Rama
- Seeing one of the guys, Bret, in our group wandering around the huge buffet looking at all the scrumptious food with only pickled beets and sweet pickles on his plate
- Eating too many desserts
- My beautiful friend Lara who is 6'1" wearing 2 inch heals and explaining that sometimes she wears 3 inch heals if she really wants to make sure she's the tallest person there
- Going home with my date and climbing into bed with him instead of leaving him at the front porch