Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Road Trip, Part 3

You guessed it, we went to DISNEYLAND!!!
Brace yourself, there are a lot of pictures.
So how did we go from nowhere land to Disneyland, you ask?
It's a funny story, really. We really were planning on coming home and getting things done.
We had places to go, people to see and family parties to attend.
As we were driving north toward home, I noticed a sign that said
Welcome to California.

It was such a pretty sign, blue with California golden poppies on it. We knew our trip home would venture into Southern California a little way and then head North East and home.
Mr Bird turned to me and said, "How far are we from Anaheim?"

I pulled out the trusty atlas, measured the highways and guessed about 3 hours. We looked at each other and said, "Should we?"

No, we had too much going on. No, no, Disneyland is one of those things you plan for months and months and anticipate and dream about. No, you have to shop around online for weeks to find the best deal on a hotel and tickets. No, you have to spend a week minimum there to see it all and do it all.
No, we better just head home.


So we came to the junction where we could turn to head home or keep going on to Disneyland. We pulled over and sat there for a good 5 minutes trying to decide. Mr Bird did not have to be back to work until Monday morning.
We could drive there that day and have all day Friday to play and come home Saturday and be back for church on Sunday so I could teach my Relief Society lesson.

We decided we better not and headed down the road marked "Home".
About 2 miles down the road Mr Bird looks at me with that gleam in his eye.
"Should we?", He says
"Yes!", I say
He flipped that car around so fast I think I got whip lash.

And did we have the time of our lives!

We pulled out the laptop and found a hotel and got there late Thursday afternoon.




We rested and played in the room and found a pizza joint and a grocery store. We stocked up on snacks for Friday and sandwich stuff for lunch. We went to bed early and dreamed about Disneyland all night long.

Have you ever seen Disney land decorated for Christmas?

Beano was so excited to see Buzz. We had to go on the Buzz ride like 4 times. Here is Buzz stepping on a kid. Buzz had just come out and was walking very quickly to somewhere. Out of nowhere a kid jumps out and grabs onto his leg. Buzz just keeps on going, leaving his 'helper' to fix the problem. You can kind of see the poor kid on the ground behind him. Too funny.



The lines were not too long. The longest we waited was like 30 min, but most of them were less than 15 min.

*sigh*
Mary Poppins
*sigh*
She heard Beano cough and came over and had a conversation with him. She asked him if he was falling ill and if he needed some medicine for that cough. She is soooo pretty. I was so distracted by her beauty that I forgot to take a picture until she was half way down the walk.
DUH


Good entertainment.

Here is the rest of the fam on the Mater horn. They loved the abominable snow man.


I love Disneyland because I could even take Baby Cakes on a lot of the rides. We had such a good time.

When we saw Woodie Beano asks, "How does he keep his eyes open so long without blinking?"
Gotta love the innocence.




The tea cups were another favorite. Mr Bird could not spin as fast as he wanted to with Baby and I on board, so he kicked us out on this go round.

The carousel is always my favorite. I love the Disney carousel music. I love the pretty shiny horses. Baby Cakes loved it too! I think we rode it about 5 times.

"AAAAAAA, don't eat me."

More tea cups


Just look what we had for dinner. Gross, I hate hot dogs. I guess that's what I get when I send Mr Bird for dinner and tell him to just get me whatever he's having. You think I would have learned by now that he will always pick something with a hot dog in it.

The thing is bigger than his head.

Dubs ate the whole thing. None of the others could finish theirs. He just looks greasy top to bottom, in and out. I was really praying he would not puke that up sometime during the course of the night. Thankfully they all kept it down.

As we waited for the fireworks to start they all fell asleep on the ground. They were worn out!

They ended up cancelling the fireworks due to winds at higher elevations.

*sad, cry*

I really did want to cry. But I did not. We decided to just pack up and call it a night. When we got to our room we had the kids going potty. Mr Bird and I were helping Beano and Doodle and looked around to help Dubs go potty too. We could not find him anywhere. We panicked. Then we saw him passed out on the couch.

We had literally been in our room less than 2 minutes when we took this picture. What a fun, fun time. I would not change anything about our trip, it was perfect. The kids were so good and they all travel really well, even Baby Cakes did so good all the way home the next day. I, on the other hand had the biggest headache of my life. I guess I had a fun hangover!

4 comments:

Kate @ A Simple Walk said...

Wow, that is awesome! You definitely made the right decision. I'm sure that's one trip to Disneyland that no one will every forget.

Julie said...

How FUN!!! We are hoping to take our kids to Disneyland sometime in the near future too.

Chanelle said...

WOW! What a wonderful memory that will always be. And your post was magical ~ I wished I was there, but felt like I was there at the same time. I'm so glad that you guys a great time!

Sharida said...

The best thing about that trip is that it was completely unplanned! I'm sure you and the kids will remember that for a long time! And how exciting!! I'm so jealous, I LOVE Disneyland!! We used to go twice a year when I was a little girl and my sister and parents still go at least once a year. But now that I have a family of my own, we're too poor to go. (sniff sniff). But maybe someday soon!!