Wednesday, June 3, 2009

One


One, uno, un unum, einer, een, um, один, en, 1

One nation under God

One drop in the bucket

One Little Monkey jumping on the bed

One is the loneliest number

“In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing."



A jet with only one wing could never fly.


A man with only one eye could never see straight.


A book with only one page would be boring.


A tree with only one leaf would be nearly dead.


A one calorie cookie would be a mere speck.

A fork with only one prong would be a sword.
A song with only one note would have no harmony.


A car with one headlight would be a traffic ticket waiting to happen.
A test with only one question would be too easy.


A butterfly with one wing could never flutter nor fly.


A razor with one blade would leave lots of stubble and nicks.


A salad with one piece of lettuce would be, well, not a salad.




Today I am without my other half.


I am incomplete.


I am like a fire with only one charcoal briquette.


Cold.


I love you, my lover.


I'll keep your side of the bed warm for you, if my heat does not go out, that is!







No comments: