Sunday, June 6, 2010

What Do You Do in the Summer Time



My Willow Tree.
I love my willow tree.
There is a wooden seated tree swing on the lower limb on the other side.
I like to wear flowy skirts and swing on that swing bare foot in the Summer time, with the cool grass under my toes.
Corney, I know.
It just reminds me how perfect my life is, when I'm feeling like it isn't.
You know, those days when I am short tempered and in a hurry and the kids are complaining and arguing.
Those days when I would rather curl up all alone and read a good book rather than wipe poopy bums and undo massive tangles that the tangle fairies have left in the ever so fine blond hair of my Doodle.
The days when I have a million things pressing on me and Mr Bird and I are both going a million miles an hour in the opposite direction.
And the days when everything I do gets undone by the 2 year old in 1/100 of the time it took me to get it done in the first place.
The days when it all just seems too much.
On those days my 4 children feel like 100 and it gets really hard to breath.
Just when I feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew and I want to throw in the towel, I see my tree and it calls to me.
Somehow, looking up at the huge canopy of leaves with the sunshine peering through and twinkling on my skin, with my face lifted to the sky, everything feels all better.
I am ready to face the day and the children with new resolve.
I am ready to make a fabulous dinner and laugh and learn with my children again.
It is my escape.
If only for a few minutes, this divine solitude recharges my battery and brings me back to my beautiful life.
And what a beautiful life it is!

1 comment:

KarenB said...

How beautiful!
Can I come swing on your tree?