Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Priceless



Dear Doodle,
You are eight! I really can't see how that's possible when it feels like you were just born last week. What an amazing journey we've been on together. You have taught me ever so much more than I could dream of teaching you. I want to be better because of you. You really do bring out the best in me. You are always so eager to do what is right, I want to be just like you when I grow up. You make me realize, if only in some small way, how Heavenly Father loves each one of us, His children. The joy I find when reading to you, or you reading to me, or catching you being kind to your brothers when you don't even know I'm watching is priceless. I would not trade it for anything in all the world. I love being your mom, even when it's hard and I seem grumpy, I still love you and would do anything I possibly could to make this life better for you. Your baptism day was so beautiful. You looked just like an angel. You have such a sweet spirit, I just can't help but be so full of joy when I think about that day. You are such a great example to everyone around you. I love you, girl! Happy Birthday!
Love, Mom






1 comment:

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

Happy bday, A!!! Congrats on the big step, too! What a sweet post from her sweet mama-- and how yummers do those cupcakes look?! Hi!