Friday, March 14, 2014

All We Have is Here and Now


Huelux from Randy Halverson on Vimeo.

I saw this video the other day and was spellbound.
I could not look away.
It really put things into perspective.
This earth is in constant motion, time never stands still, even if we feel it does at times.
Time marches on and I can't help but feeling the overwheling desire to make it slow down.
But that is not within my powers.
All that I have power to do is enjoy each and every moment I have, for all too soon even those are gone.
As fast as we acknowledge the fleetingness of the present, it becomes the past.
There is no rewind button, no matter how much we might feel we want to go back, have a do over.
It's all right here, right now.
It's how we treat people, it's how we learn form our mistakes and apologize and move on.
It's the people we serve and the acts of love that make each moment worthwhile.
Here's to a day, a life full of purpose.

No comments: