Saturday, December 15, 2012

I Hope They Know, My Letter to the Families in Conneticut

Like everyone in the country that heard the chilling news of yesterday's tragedy, my heart is sick.
Like all of you, I simply can't comprehend.
I really don't know if anything I have to say can possibly make any sort of difference, yet my heart is so full.
I hope the parents of those tiny angels know that the whole nation is grieving with them.
We see the pictures of your babies and our hearts break and we cry with you.
You are not alone in this.
I hope you know the whole nation was praying for you last night and today and tomorrow and for many days to come. 
The words fell from our lips as tears fell from our eyes.
It was hard for us to breath, too.
I hope you know that I don't pretend to know the depth of your grief and pain, I can only imagine.
Actually, I can't even imagine, I'm sure the reality is more horrific than anything I could ever conjure up.
I hope you know we have all hugged our own children a little tighter today and spoken a little gentler.
I hope you know God has your babies in His arms and they are safe now.


painting by David Bowman

I hope you know that we know you'd rather have them in your own arms and you'll feel that pain everyday for the rest of your life.
I hope you know you have a million shoulders to cry on.
But there's One who wants you to come to Him with your grief and pain, for he's really the only one that can give you peace.
I hope you know that you will be happy in this life again, you will.
You may not think so now, but peace will come in the morning.
 I don't pretend to know when the morning will come, but it will come.
I hope you know that Christmas will take on a new meaning for you.
The birth of that tiny babe, with Him was born the hope of a life yet to be.
He came to heal the broken hearted. 
I hope you know that because of that tiny baby born over 2 millina ago  you can have your babies for eternity, families can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan.
And in despair I bowed my head: "There is no peace on earth," I said, "For hate is strong and mocks the song Of peace on earth, good will to men."...Then pealed the bells more loud and deep: "God is not dead, nor doth He sleep; The wrong shall fail, the right prevail, With peace on earth, good will to men."         ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Be Still My Soul Hymn

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: when dearest friends depart,
And all is darkened in the vale of tears,
Then shalt thou better know His love, His heart,
Who comes to soothe thy sorrow and thy fears.
Be still, my soul: thy Jesus can repay
From His own fullness all He takes away.

Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord.
When disappointment, grief and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past
All safe and blessèd we shall meet at last.

Be still, my soul: begin the song of praise
On earth, be leaving, to Thy Lord on high;
Acknowledge Him in all thy words and ways,
So shall He view thee with a well pleased eye.
Be still, my soul: the Sun of life divine
Through passing clouds shall but more brightly shine.



1 comment:

Shanen said...

I know they thank you as I do for those encouraging kind words that came from God above as so many of us our speechless.