Friday, January 7, 2011

A Change of Heart

Things are changing around here.
Suddenly I am not so impatient about finding out what this baby is.
I am content.
It was a slow process starting after that last ultrasound when all chance of finding out where gone with the wind.
Maybe it's because I have some really , really cute boy and girl blankets made and ready to go.
I am crocheting a blessing afghan that I will add either pink or blue ribbon to once the baby comes.
I have been scouring crochet website and finding all sorts of cute boy caps and headbands for girls.
All I can say is that I'm going to have baby gifts coming out my ears once this is all over with.
(But only for those people having the opposite gender as me! LOL)
I am having so much fun.
I am happy to sit and sew and dream as this little one tries to break through my skin.
I have come to a place of total acceptance.
I love this little baby so much, it's really hard to explain.
It really does not matter to me if it's a boy or if it's a girl.
Plus, as time goes on and my belly grows bigger and bigger it's really fun to see people's reactions when I tell them we're not going to find out what we're having.
Some people are totally mortified.
They can not think of anything worse than not knowing (OK, I admit it, I used to fall into this category:)
Then there is the older generation who feel as though they have an instant bond with me because, "In my time we had no choice, we HAD to wait."
And wait they did.
Granted, even the boys wore dresses back then. But hey, is all comes out in the end.
There are even some people who think it's cool that I'm waiting. I get things like, "That's neat, nobody does that anymore!"
I'm sure they are really thinking, "That's weird!"
But then again everyone already knows that I'm just about as weird as they come.
I have decided to embrace my inner weirdness and just go with it.
I think I'm to the point now that I'm having so much fun (and I only have 12 more weeks left) that you could not pay me to find out what this baby is.
I am beginning to think it's really fun to torture the people around me as well.
My sisters for example, want me to find out and just tell them, just so they can plan a little.
"We will just not tell Mr Bird!", they say.
Before I have to admit I was really tempted to do that, but not anymore.
I don't know why this sudden change, but I am just happy to enjoy the last part of this pregnancy and dream about this little one.







1 comment:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I think not finding out is awesome. I'm glad you're not obsessing about it anymore!