Thursday, July 2, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

I decided I need one of these.

My 12 year old niece and her 9 year old brother stayed with us for a week while their parents were on vacation in Hawaii without them.

Sammy was so helpful to have around.

She loves babies. Lucky for her I just happen to have one!

Whenever he fussed at my feet while I was making dinner she swooped in and held him and played with him and took him outside before I could even turn to look at him.

Dinner making and shower taking have never been so peaceful.

I need a 12 year old baby lover around here full time.

I really miss having a live in nanny.

This has to be my favorite way to spend a summer evening.

Hanging out in the yard eating watermelon with my kids.
Does life get any better than this?

And then there are these beauties.
Our back yard is full of day lilies.
They only bloom for a day, then that blossom dies and the next day new blossoms have opened up for their one day in the sun.
Most every day this week my kids have brought me a handful of these bright summery blooms to brighten and cheer my dinning room table.
Thanks kids, keep up the good work!


No comments: